March 19, 2008

Ne-Yo Hard At Work On New Album



R&B star Ne-Yo recently spoke with MTV about his forthcoming album, titled 'Year of The Gentleman':

"I'm trying to take it back to where you couldn't walk out of the house unless you looked your best," he explained of the album title. "Back in the day of, say, the Rat Pack and Nat King Cole ... any picture you ever see, they're suited and everything is right from top to bottom. Not saying it has to be a suit, 'cause clothes don't make the man — it's the attitude and person. The music needs to personify that. A lot of this music [on the album], some of it is gonna be urban, some of it is gonna be pop. Some is gonna ride that middle. "The third [LP] is more of the good [music]," he added. "The second album proved I'm here to stay. I won a Grammy for that one. So, I'm here to win more Grammys. At the same time, I love what it is I do, so [this is] another excuse for me to pen more facets of my personality."
Not really feeling his first single but I hope the album is hott! I mean Ne-Yo can write hits for other artist but when it comes to his own work he lacks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep doin ya thang Ne-Yo...u r such an inspiration 2 me and many othaz.......

Anonymous said...

Ne-Yo ya sexy azz.....